JESOLO SAND NATIVITY 2019:
THE BEATITUDES, A POEM OF DIVINE LOVE
Inauguration Saturday 7 December at 16:00
The City of Jesolo will celebrate the magic of Christmas with Jesolo Sand Nativity 2019, fascinating and charming sand manger-scene that attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world.
For its realisation are involved, every year, some of the best sand sculptors at international level, masters in recreating the authentic Christmas spirit.
The theme: the 18th edition of Jesolo Sand Nativity is dedicated to the Beatitudes: promises that, in the daily tribulations, give hope. The Beatitudes are not poetic expressions and do not signal easy shortcuts; the blessed are committed to sacrifice (cfr GE 65). In fact, the word “blessed” also means happiness that can found be first in those who suffer: the poor, the distressed, the hungry, victims of persecution, and the offended. Secondly, “Blessed” is also the person that practices the virtues of meekness, mercy, pureness, and peace.
Each moment rebuilt, grain after grain, by the skilled hands of the sand sculptors, narrates a specific episode that can be traceable to a beatitude.
The backgrounds hand painted by the American artist Damon Farmer, accompany the visitors in the atmosphere of the period.
- from Monday to Saturday: 9.30-12.30 and 14.30-19.30
- Sunday and holidays: all day opening from 9.30-19.30
- from 23 December to 6 January: all day opening 9.30-19.30
Guided tours upon booking
from Monday to Friday
Price € 30 - max 25 people
Duration 30 minutes
The tours are not held on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays and the period from 23 December to 6 January
For booking please send an email to: email@example.com
The sculptors and the works
- Richard Varano, artistic director
- Damon Farmer (USA): scenography
- Michela Ciappini (Italy): Blessed are the poor in spirit
- Ilya Filimontsev (Russia): Blessed are the meek
- Susanne Ruseler (The Netherlands): Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness
- Pedro Mira (Portugal): Blessed are they that show mercy
- David Ducharme (Canada): Blessed are the pure in heart
- Charlotte Koster (The Netherlands): Blessed are the peacemakers
- Marielle Heessels (The Netherlands): Blessed are those who are persecuted
- Richard Baldrick (UK): Blessed are those who weep
- Pavel Mylnikov (Russia) and Radovan Zivny (Czech Rep.): The birth of Jesus
The main parking areas and places available are signalled on luminous panels, that can be found at the main access points of the city.
The sand manger-scene is reachable by foot from the parking area Emma Gramatica (on the homonymous street), Drago parking area (ground floor and basement), Firenze parking area, and from the on-street parking spaces along via del Carabiniere.
See the map
Free shuttle service
A free shuttle service that connects the great attractions of Christmas in Jesolo will be active for the entire Christmas holiday period.
Source: Ufficio Comunicazione del Comune di Jesolo